Back To Overview
unmodified vsvars32.bat posted
Posted on 10 Oct, 2013 by FelipeNievinski
I seems that file vsvars32.bat posted under InstallingRegexSupportForVisualCPP is the original version, unmodified for Regex.

Add your comments to the Discussion

Felipe,
We did notice the same version restrictions, but didn't believe it was worth mentioning, as most developers tend to build and use binaries under the same version of MSVC. If we see that this is not the case, we will add a note in the "Building Under: Windows" section of the wiki.
BryanParsons 22 Oct 2013 - 10:10

Also, the windows pre-compiled libraries can only be used with the same version of MSVC -- they were compiled with MSVC 2012, and I couldn't use them with MSVC 2010. Not sure if this is worth mentioning in the webpage though. FelipeNievinski 16 Oct 2013 - 08:31

From what I was able to find out, regex is guaranteed to be present in MSVC 2012 only. FelipeNievinski 16 Oct 2013 - 08:31

Felipe,
It seems that may be correct, great observation and thanks for pointing that out! We'll double check, and if confirmed to be true, the instruction set will be deprecated.
BryanParsons 11 Oct 2013 - 07:48

Actually, it seems regex comes with VC++ 2010 (and optionally with VC 2008 too). <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5941964/where-is-regex-in-visual-studio-2005> So maybe the whole instructions about Regex in Windows is now deprecated? FelipeNievinski 10 Oct 2013 - 12:00

Topic revision: r4 - 22 Oct 2013, BryanParsons

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback